Friday, January 18, 2013

CPR- Book One- Blog One

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin is considered one of the most refreshing and captivating fantasy novels of all time, and the beginning of a series that completely redefined the genre. I was first introduced to the book through a friend's recommendation. He tried to sell me on it by describing which parts and which characters were most "badass", but upon looking a little deeper, I saw the book's widespread critical acclaim  for its character development and risk taking in defying the long-established norms of the fantasy genre.

My interest in the book was doubled by the popularity of the HBO series inspired by the novels. I've always had a habit to read the book before watching the movie, or, in this case, show. Perhaps it's just my petty urge to feel superior to everyone who doesn't, but I digress, everything I had seen of the show peeked my curiosity and made me want to learn more about this deep, richly developed world inhabited by intriguing and unique characters, or so I'd been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment